VOSS Escape “Message in a Bottle” Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VOSS Escape “Message in a Bottle" Competition (“Competition”) is open to Australian residents of the six (6) States and two (2) Territories of Australia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families) of VOSS World Inc. (“Promoter”), Magnum & Co Pty Limited (“Administrator”), and each of its respective parents, distributors, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising & marketing agencies, and persons living in the same household as such persons are not eligible to participate in the Competition, however neither the Promoter nor Administrator will be liable if a prize is awarded to any ineligible entrant in circumstances where the Promoter and Administrator did not know and ought not to have known that the entrant was ineligible. Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. The Competition begins on October 1st 2017 at 12:01:01 a.m. AEST and ends on November 30th, 2017, at 11:59:59 p.m. AEDT (“Competition Period”).2. HOW TO PLAY:
Basic Entry. You may access the Competition by visiting the VOSS “Message in a Bottle” microsite located at vossescape.com.au (the “Website”). Then, (a) create an account by entering your email address, or registering via Facebook; and (b) accepting these Competition Terms and Conditions. After all steps are completed the first time, you will not need to log in on each subsequent visit if you use the same device and browser. Once logged into the Website, you will have the opportunity to play and digitally reveal the message in the VOSS bottle indicating if you have won a prize.
Limit one (1) basic entry, as described above, per person and per email address, regardless of method of entry, each day of the Competition Period. Each “day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m.
Bonus Entries. After obtaining a basic entry by the method described above, you may obtain additional bonus opportunities to participate in the instant win game by following the instructions on the Website to refer a friend ("Bonus Entries"). To refer a friend, use the tool available on the Website to post a message about your basic entry on your Facebook page or other available social media platforms supported by the Website. Your posting must include a unique link back to the Website where others can submit a basic entry. Each time another person follows the unique link from your posting and submits a basic entry, you become eligible for a Bonus Entry. You may return to the Website to use any Bonus Entries you have earned to enter into the instant win game at any time during the Competition Period. You can receive up to a maximum of sixty one (61) Bonus Entries, regardless of method.
You may only enter using one (1) email address, regardless of method of entry. No sharing of email addresses or use of multiple addresses or accounts is allowed. Any use of macro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods may be disqualified. Any attempt to enter more than the permitted number of times, by any means, including but not limited to use of multiple email addresses, social media accounts, or other means, may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. WINNER SELECTION: There will be a total of 1,031 prizes awarded at randomly selected times during the Competition Period. If you are the first person to play at or after one of the randomly selected times, you will be a potential winner of the prize assigned to that moment in time by the computer. Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Competition, and time, for all purposes relevant to the Competition, is measured based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or after 2 am on 1 October 2017, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).4. PRIZES:
One (1) Grand Prize available: A VOSS Escape Trip, consisting of a three (3) consecutive night trip to Kangaroo Island, Australia for winner and three (3) guests. Prize includes: (a) round trip business class air transportation for winner and three (3) guests to Kangaroo Island, South Australia from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence to Adelaide Airport, and a regional return flight from Adelaide Airport to Airport, Kangaroo Island (b) hotel accommodations at Southern Ocean Lodge (consisting of up to two (2) Ocean Retreat Suites for four people) for three consecutive nights, (c) return airport transfers between Airport and Southern Ocean Lodge, (d) one (1) shared zodiac boat tour with Kl Marine Adventures including private return transfers from the lodge and refreshments, (e) one (1) one thousand Australian dollars ($1,000 AUD) Lodge Credit for use towards treatments in the Southern Spa and the lodge range of Bespoke Experiences (as per spa menu and bespoke experiences rates); no cash value if not redeemed, (f) All dining, premium open bar and the daily replenished in-suite bar. Winner must be 18 years or over and their three (3) guests must be 10 years and over. Any person who is a minor under the laws of his/her State or Territory of residence who takes part in the trip must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If a guest is under the age of 18 their parent or legal guardian may be required to accept these Terms and Conditions on the guest's behalf and/or sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter, or the guest will not be permitted to travel. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $35,340 AUD; actual value may vary depending on departure city and date; any difference between actual value and advertised value will not be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner lives in Adelaide, transfer to Adelaide airport will be provided (in lieu of airfare to Adelaide airport). If Grand Prize Winner cannot travel within the period or dates specified by Promoter, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes and all additional meals, beverages, or other expenses or costs relating to the prize not expressly set forth above. Major credit card will be required at hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses. Grand Prize trip must be taken between January 1 and December 31, 2018. The following blackout dates apply: January 1-13 2018, between March 30 and April 2, 2018, December 17 to 31, 2018. Winner and travel guests must have all necessary travel documentation, must travel on the same itinerary and must be 18 or older to participate in any alcohol-related activities.
Ten (10) Second Prizes available: Dinner for two (2) at a restaurant near the winner’s residence (excluding alcohol), to be determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion.Prize must be redeemed by December 31, 2017. Maximum Retail Value of each available Second Prize: $350.00 AUD. ARV of all Second Prizes: $3,500.00 AUD.
Twenty (20) Third Prizes available: One (1) VOSS branded pool float. ARV of each Fourth Prize: $35.00 AUD. ARV of all available Fourth Prizes: $700 AUD.
One thousand (1,000) Fourth Prizes available: One (1) PET bottle of VOSS water (500 ml). ARV of each Third Prize: $4.00 AUD. ARV of all available Third Prizes: $4,000 AUD.
Approximate Retail Value of all available prizes: $43,540.00 AUD.
Winners are solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prizes by winner. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value in the event any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Limit one (1) prize per person and per email address per prize level.
5. PRIZE REDEMPTION: When an entry is selected by the computer, the potential winner will immediately be notified of his/her potential prize, and asked to provide additional contact information (full name, email address, full mailing address and phone number) in order to redeem their prize.
The Grand Prize winner will be notified in writing by mail and/or e-mail within two (2) business days from the time of the winning entry selection (provided that adequate contact information is furnished by the potential winner). Each potential winner may be required to execute and return a liability release and where lawful, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance. Each travel guest will also be required to execute and return a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance. If all such documents are not returned within fourteen (14) days, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Promoter is unable to contact a potential winner within fourteen (14) days of initial contact attempt, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, prize will be forfeited and an unclaimed prize draw will be held in accordance with the unclaimed prize draw conditions set out below. Grand Prize, or any portion of Grand Prize that is deliverable (such as tickets) will be delivered within 28 days of the random selection of the winner.
All potential Second Prize winners will be notified in writing by mail and/or e-mail within two (2) business days from the time of the winning entry selection (provided that adequate contact information is furnished by the potential winners). Each potential winner may be required to execute and return a liability release and where lawful, a publicity release within three (3) months of date of issuance. Each dining guest will also be required to execute and return a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within three (3) months of date of issuance. If all such documents are not returned within three (3) months, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Promoter is unable to contact a potential winner within three (3) months of initial contact attempt, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, prize will be forfeited and an unclaimed prize draw will be held in accordance with the unclaimed prize draw conditions set out below. Second Prize, or any portion of Second Prize that is deliverable (such as tickets) will be delivered within 28 days of the random selection of the winner.
For the Third Prize, winners will be notified in writing via mail or email within two days of being selected as a potential winner and provided that adequate contact information is furnished by the potential winners the Third Prize will be delivered to the winner`s nominated address within 28 days.
For Fourth Prize, winners will be notified in writing via mail or email within two days of being selected as a potential winner and provided that adequate contact information is furnished by the potential winners the Fourth Prize will be delivered to the winner`s nominated address within 28 days.
If Promoter is unable to contact a potential winner of a Second, Third Prize or Fourth Prize within three (3) months of initial contact attempt, or a potential winner does not provide any contact or delivery details, prize will be forfeited and an unclaimed prize draw will be held in accordance with the unclaimed prize draw conditions set out below.
Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
The winners of the Grand Prize and Second Prizes will be published online on the Website within two days of the winners being selected. All prizes from the advertised total prize pool will be distributed during, or after the completion of, the Competition via Australia post to the winner`s nominated address (which is provided to the Promoter at the time the winner`s entry is selected). At the end of the Competition all existing and valid claims to prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool has been exceeded. Printing errors or other quality control matters outside the control of individual players will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award a prize, except where a prize consists of perishable food or drink.
An unclaimed prize draw will be held (if required) no sooner than three months after the last winner has been contacted by the Promoter. Winner(s) of any unclaimed prize draw will be randomly selected using their account details entered on the Website. The Promoter will use the winner(s) email address associated with their account to notify the winner within two days of the unclaimed prize draw. The winner will then be required to provide their mailing address and any other details that the Promoter requires including a liability and/or publicity release. Any prize won in the unclaimed prize draw will be delivered (where delivery is possible) via Australia post to the winner`s nominated address.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the number and timing of eligible entries.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Competition, as solely determined by Administrator, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Promoter reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Competition, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. In such event, Promoter reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Competition, Promoter may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Competition by posting a notice on www.vossworld.com http://takeaspinaroundvossworld.com/. Promoter and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, garbled, or damaged entries. The Administrator will be the sole judge of which entries are valid and its decision is final and binding. Entering the Competition and accepting the prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the prize winner for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. ADMINISTRATOR AS AGENT: In managing or conducting any activities relating to the Competition, the Administrator is acting solely in its capacity as agent for the Sponsor. The Administrator disclaims any and all liability in relation to the Competition to the extent permitted by law and the entrant releases the Administrator from any liability in its personal capacity in connection with the Competition.
9. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Competition, and subject to any liability relating to Non-Excludable Guarantees (defined below), each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Promoter, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and their advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Competition Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use, misuse, in ability to use or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Competition; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible, garbled, damaged or postage due entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Competition or receipt of any prize. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Competition, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) despite anything to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of- pocket expenses; and (c) these Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New South Wales, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in the state of New South Wales, and each entrant expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that subject to any Non-excludable Guarantees, Competition Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
The foregoing will not be read or applied so as to purport to exclude, restrict or modify all or any of the provisions of the Australia Consumer Law or any other law which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Without prejudice to any of the foregoing, if any Competition Entity incurs a liability to an entrant or any other person under such legislation, the Competition Entity’s liability is limited to, in its discretion:
- the re-supply of any applicable goods or services supplied in connection with the Competition; or(i)
- the payment of the costs of supplying equivalent goods or services supplied in connection with the Competition.(ii)
Promoter: Voss World Inc., 236 West 30 th Street, 9 th Floor, New York, NY 10001 Ph. 02 9211 4322.
Administrator: Magnum & Co Pty Limited, Level 2, 72 Campbell St, Surry Hills 2010 NSW, Australia, ph: 02 9211 4322.
10. FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER: By participating, you release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Competition and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Authorised under NSW LTPS/17/16991, SA T17/1541, ACT TP 17/01633